Thursday 5 January 2012

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation & Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer

I thought I'd quickly blog about some new products, which I recently purchased!
Firstly, I'd like to apologise about the quality of the photos. I again decided to be a night owl!
So! I wanted a liquid foundation, that would be suitable for my dry skin, before application & suitable for when my skin becomes more oily during wear. Maybelline Dream Satin Foundation, is a re-purchase. I strolled though Boots counters & remembered I previously used this a few years ago, & really liked it. I usually tend to buy a different foundation, whether its the brand or texture, just so I can have some variation.
This one is beautiful to apply, whilst giving an even light to medium coverage, although it does work well if you're wanting more coverage, to build up, without looking cakey.
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
Swatch
Blended
As you can tell from the photographs, the lighting doesn't give the product any justice in relation to the shade.  As you my be able to tell from all of the photographs they are quite dark, which isn't portraying the true shade. In natural light, this is a fairly light foundation, more so outside the packaging. 
I have purposely not blended the product well, for the purpose of you being able to tell where the product is, before fully blending, etc. This is the perfect shade for me, as is the conceal,er. I don't find that I get streaks, lines, orange-ness. Its perfect for me! 
I personally use Ivory, as I'm quite fair. I tend to never really swatch the products in store, & juts choose the lightest shades. The consistency is lovely & smooth & creamy. I apply about half a pump to my hand, or a little more, if I need it or prefer more coverage, & begin to apply to the face with my fingers. I find I can work really quickly with this product, which is great for early mornings! I find this is nicely hydrating before its set, which is great for me, as I wake up with dry skin. I find this does last all day, for me personally. I do set this with Avon's Pressed Powder.

Swatch
Blended

Here is what I use as my current concealer, varying between this at No7's Quick Cover Concealer. I chose to purchase this as I've heard so much hype about it throughout the beauty community, but never got round to personally purchasing it until I received a Boots gift card! I chose the shade 1, which is the lightest. It has beautiful application, which is medium to full coverage, which is perfect for hose early mornings & dark circles! This is so creamy & comfortably thick, meaning you barely need a lot, to cover dark circles or blemishes. I'm really happy I decided to try this, as its genuinely a great concealer. This had quite good longevity, lasting throughout the day.

I hope this helps someone in search for a new foundation &/or concealer! I love reading new blog posts, relating to something I'm currently after! You can purchase the foundation here. Unfortunately, I couldn't for the life of me find the concealers link, as Boots website is currently down & Superdrug's just couldn't fund it. Although I am sure you will easily be able to get it at your nearest store. The concealer was around £4.

If you have any questions, queries, etc, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

9 comments:

  1. this is a great review but i think the colour would be a bit to yellow for me personally :)
    laur x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not confident in knowing what's yellow or pink undertones, but it is a lovely foundation to work with. You could always swatch it in their store? :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concealer looks great! I need a new one.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is lovely! I wish I tried it sooner!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is spooky we use the exact same products! I get my foundation in Light Porcelain as I found Ivory to be too yellow for my skin tone. :) You should try the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural as it makes the whole combination look stunning! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. How strange! I love using this now, though! Its the perfect formulation & consistency for me. Wish I used it again sooner!
    I have yet to try any MAC product, but my first investment shall definitely be a foundation! This sounds amazing, though! :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really want to try the concealer:) i tried the foundation but it was way too dark for me:(

    www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the concealer! Its definitely been a lovely repurchase of mine! I really want to try the foundation! Shame it was too dark for you.

      xxx

      Delete
  8. What Color is the foundation in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x