Tuesday 28 August 2012

NOTW | Classic French Manicure

This week, I decided to give my nails a fresh look. I have recently been giving my nails a break from any polish, as they have just been breaking at any chance they get. Boo!
Whilst browsing through my shopping centre, I cam across the stand with reduced priced polishes, including Essie! I opted for a Essie polish (NOTW to come on this!) & this Bourjois French Manicure polish, with a special brush, that is curved to the tip of your nail, so you can achieve a polished french manicure!
 This is the first french manicure I have done on myself. I always thought they would be quite difficult to achieve on your own. How wrong I was! This was one of the simplest nail looks I have created yet! As the brush on the Bourjois French Manicure polish is short & curved (see image on bottle), I literally just pressed the brush across the tips of my nails, working my way across, allowing me to choose how thick I wanted my tip.

To create this look, I first applied my trusty No7 So Smooth Base Coat. I then applied the Bourjous French Manicure polish to the tips. I found out that this polish comes in a French Manicure set, however, I picked mine up singularly. If you just want this, you can buy it here (link). I only needed one coat of this, which is extremely good compared to some white polishes! Continuing on, I painted two coats of Essie's Sugar Daddy, which is a very pale, sheer pink, perfect for this look! Finally, to seal in the layers, I applied a coat of my No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat.
I really like the outcome of this look. It looks so polished & fresh. Not OTT at all! This look is perfect for if you work in an office or a work place/school that doesn't allow you to wear nail polish. You could easily pull of this nail look as your own natural nails, as it does look so natural & healthy!

 On the topic of my Nails of the Week, I also picked up these pretty nail files from Primark, as I stood in the queue. My The Body Shop one is coming to an end now, so I thought I would see how these are. I personally found these very rough on my nails. I had to use them very gently, in case they took away half of my nail! As lovely as they look, I don't think I will continue using them!
Any recommendations for a new nail file?
 So, that is my Nails of the Week. Nothing to out there, but something a little more simpler & fresh. Perfect for getting back to school/college. I would definitely be keeping this nail look handy, for when I just want my nails to look healthy, & not crazy as per!

What do you think of this nail look? Are you a fan of a French Manicure?

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x