Monday 23 January 2012

Mascaras!

Mascaras! They're a must for whatever look your going for, from subtle & defined lashes to darkly dramatic ones! Here is some of my mascaras that I currently use, & what looks they create for me!
 L'Oreal Lash Architect Mascara 4D - I came across this a few months back, when it first came out on an introductory offer. I had just ran out off my current mascara, & I always tend to like to try another brand or something new. The packaging also drew me towards this, as its so technical & futuristic looking! I wouldn't say I would re-purchase this, as it wasn't really for me. As the packagings opening to the actual product isn't very tight, allowing it to scrape away excess from the brush, it filled the brush with tonnes of product when releasing from the tube, making a unsightly mess, unless you were careful & learnt the ropes on what the best way to use this is. As the outcome of this mascara is so dramatic, I tended to only use this for night out, or if I wanted a purposely dramatic lash. I personally prefer a much more defined, crisp fuller flash, than a clumpy one, as I find it looks more flattering. The formulation is smooth & quite wet. I did find I had to wait longer than I would normally with any other mascara, for it to dry or become tacky, as it would just easily transfer to my upper eyelid. Once dry & you've accumulated layers of the product to achieve your '4D' look, I found my lashes to be very crispy & unappealing. This may sound perfect for others taste, but not for me.
Rimmel Glam Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara - This is a repurchase, which I would definitely get again! Its lovely & versatile to create many different looks. As the brush is in a plastic flexible form with separate bristles, this allows to easily glide through each of your lashes, enabling you to create a defined & smooth look. You can easily layer this mascara up to create a more defined look, without looking clumpy. As you can see, the formulation is so glossy & wet. I've owned this for around 5 month now & its still in pristine condition, when I bought it. The opening doesn't clog up or get messy. I like to use the next mascara I'm going to be talking about, underneath as a base to separate the lashes, & use this on top to add definition & boldness. I use this technique daily, & depending on the day, my mood, my outfit, etc, I will layer this mascara up to my preference. This is easy to remove, without using waterproof eye remover. This is a staple in anyone's make up bag, as you can use this for any look!
Avon Super Curlacious Mascara - This is a lovely mascara if you're wanting subtle lashes, with slight definition. Perfect if you can't bare braving the outside world without a touch of make up! As its a curling mascara, this will prevent your lashes from becoming weak & breaking - which is what could happen after using a curler repeatedly. This mascara will enable you to create the look of using a curler, without using one. The curved, moulded brush allows it to grab each lash & coat them in the glossy mascara, without any clumps. The formulation is wonderful & smooth, making it a pleasure to work with, without it pulling on your lashes, when layering. As I said just before, I like to use this first, to cat my lashes evenly, then I use the Rimmel Glam Eyes Lash Flirt mascara to add volume & thickness, to how I desire. I also like to use this mascara to create a simple look, if I don;t want anything to heavy on the eyes.

Overall, I do like all of these mascaras in different ways, which is great to own different ones, so you're not stuck on how to create a subtle look with a dramatic mascara, vice versa!

If you have any questions, queries, etc, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

4 comments:

  1. i nominated you for the versatile blogger award, just go on my blog :) http://autumnleaves-x.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html?showComment=1327420141324#c2525500996864339496

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You've been great support throughout starting my blog!
    I always enjoy reading what you've posted!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is randon but my best friend's cousin designed the 4D mascara! It looks really clumpy and bad though :L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm not a huge fan of the 4D mascara, I totally agree with you. I'll only wear it for a night out, if I want purposely dramatic lashes!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x