Wednesday 4 July 2012

MUA Undressed Palette | UD Naked Dupe!

I have been waiting for this moment to get my hands on this gloriously golden palette since MUA announced its launch date! This morning, I dashed out & collected my first pallete by MUA. I have intended on purchasing their Heaven & Earth Palette for some time, but never seemed to pick it up.

I'm really excited to have a play around with this palette & create some looks for you all.
Before purchasing this, of course, I researched into YouTube, Blogger - finding any reveiws I could, just to make me more excited for today!

Upon researching, I have discovered that this palette is nigh on the perfect dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette, with the shades being in the same order, too! I know I am not in the position to compare the two palettes, as I only own this one, although you can compare them for yourself, or have a look at some online reviews. I have been dying to purchase this myself, but the hefty price in my eyes, has steered me away.
For a meer little £4, I have managed to get myself something similar, which hasn't damanged my purse!
 You recieve 12 gorgeously neutral shades. Ranging from light to dark & a very suitable selection of inbetween.
10 of these are shimmers & 2 are matte. Those two are the 1st & 3rd on the top row. Some would prefer there to be more matte shades, however, the shimmers to range in pigmentation. Some I find to appear more sparkly than others, so with a bit of blending, you can create many looks with one shade.

The packaging this sleek & black, made out of plastic. I wouldn't say this is the strongest to withstand travelling, although the slimline design is perfect to slot in the side of your handbag.

Apologies on the quality of the photos. I literally took these as soon as I got home & cracked the palette open!

I personally found the weakest shade in terms of pigmentation is the 3rd, which is the matte. I believe I will use this as a background base colour on the lid, to neautralise & balance of the lid before adding definition.

Each shade has different undertones & warmths, so there will be a different use for each shadow. I am in love with the 4th shade, which is a beautifully frosty broze, which would perfectly cuddle the socket line, creating lovely defintion. To enhance the definition, I would also apply a touch of shade 10 in the outer corners.
 I am so excited to have a play around & create some looks!

For £4, I can't stress enough that you need to buy this! These palettes were released in Superdrug stores today. You can purchase this online, also (link).

Have you purchased this yet? What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I ordered this online and got it yesterday :-) I can't wait to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! I bought it the same day it was released in store!

      Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

      xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x