Thursday 26 July 2012

Moroccanoil Oil Treatment & Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo

After being very intrigued by hair oils & products for the past couple of months, to add something extra to my lousy hairs appearance, I was very kindly sent some product from Moroccanoil, by a lovely lady named Laura.

I have been wanting to try the famous in the blogging world; Moroccanoil Oil Treatment, which every beauty blogger seems to have already tried! I recieved the original formulation, which includes 25ml, which would cost £12.85 at feelunique.com.
The packaging comes in a light blue box, with instructions of use on the back. The actual bottle is very sturdy glass, which I believe would be suitable for travelling. The oil is also stored in an amber glass bottle to protect the oil from ultra-violet rays that cause oxidation & degradation, as well as having a secured screw top, to protect the product from leaking. This product just keeps getting better & better!
The actual formulation & consistency of the product is slightly thicker than runny, so upon distributing the product into your fingers, the product won't come rushing out everywhere.

Directions for use:

Styling and finishing: After shampooing & conditioning, start with a small amount in the palm of your hand and work it through damp hair. Style as usual.

Protection: To control frizz & protect hair from environmental factors, apply a small amount (few drops) to dry hair as often as needed.

Moroccanoil Oil Treatment revives, hydrates, and most importantly, detangles hair, wigs and hair extensions.

I have previously used V05 Miracle Concentrate Elixir, which includes Argon Oil, that I apply to my damp hair, then proceeding to style, which tames my hair. I also use this on dry hair to soften frizz & fly-aways.

I was also sent the Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo, which has been lovely & a refreshing change to use. This is suitable for all hair types. The product itself has a lightweight formulation, which will enable you to have volumised hair (which I am in dire need of wanting!), infused with Tilicine and other ingredients designed to penetrate the hair and plump up the cuticle from the inside out.

I found this provided my hair with shine & manageability. The consistency is medium is thickness. I only needed a reasonable amount to coat my mid-length hair. This foams up just enough for my liking. I tend to leave any hair care product on my hair for as long as possible, to ensure my hair has soaked up all the nutrients. I usually blowdry my hair, which has provided thickness in my fine hair, meaning I don't need to overstyle to create more volumised hair. Esssentially reducing heat damage to my hair.

I have really enjoyed using this product & believe the complimentary conditioner would further improve the outcome. As these are higher quality products, they are of course priced reasonably higher than your average drugstore product. I believe what you are paying for in these is incredibly worth it.
Your hair will also thank you!

Have you tried any Moroccanoil products? What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.


xxx

2 comments:

  1. Avon have released a Moroccan Argon Oil range which includes a treatment, shampoo and conditioner. I have ordered them and will be reviewing them once they arrive! I'm so excited. Can you do a post once you've tried it out showing before and after?

    http://geordiebeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very exciting! I haven't ordered from Avon in such a long time now. I can't wait to read your review! I'm in need of some new shampoo & conditioner soon!

      I'll try take some shots of before & afters, with naturally dried hair & blowdried.

      xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x