Tuesday 10 April 2012

Purple Eye Look | Perfect For Green Eyes.

I've been meaning to do this post for some time now, I just never seem to have the time/remember to do any make up looks. As soon as I wake up, I always reach for my everyday products. So, I decided to create a look that will enhance my eyes, which are green. I used to quite often create this kind of look on a daily basis, alternating between a smokey/grey look. This is so simple to create, so lets get started!
 Base:
I first started by using Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation in Ivory. Once I had created an even base, I took my e.l.f Stipple Brush with he remainder of the product on my hand, to buff away any unseen harsh lines & to ensure I have a well blended base to my make up. I decided as I am creating a more dramatic look, to my usual everyday neutral contour & black eye-liner, I wanted to conceal my under eye circles the best I possibly could. I did this by using two concealers. The first one is No7 Blemish Cover Stick in 02 Extra Fair. I also used this on any blemishes. The second concealer is the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair, to brighten up the eye area, as well as ensuring more coverage to my dark under eye circles. I finally finishes of the skin my adding a dusting of Avon's Pressed Powder in Fair, to set my make up for the day/night.

Eyes:
I started by applying some NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil In Milk to my eyelids. I did this, to make my eyeshadow pop, as well as brightening the eyes, as I wanted this to be suitable for the day time. On top of this, I swept MUA's frosty purple eyeshadow in Shade 4 -Pearl from the outer corner of my eyelid, inwards. This allowed me to have more eyshadow intensity on the outer corners, & lighter on the inner corners.


 I then took  my Rimmel Smokey Glam palette, which I have owned for several years now (some may say is bad, but I'm applying these products only to my face). Unfortunately, I believe this has been discontinued, however, you can still pick his up online. I found a site here, that you can check out, even to just compare eyeshadow colours that I used. I began my using the purple in my crease area, using my No7 Eyeshadow Blend & Contour Brush (perfect dupe for MAC 217). I intensified the contour in the crease slightly, by applying some of the royal navy blue, just to create a hollow. As a highlight, I applied the white to under my eyebrows. I also used this white to help blend my purple eyshadows.

On my lower lash line, I applied Blink & Go's Purple Eyeshadow from their Eye Shadow & Blush palette. I applied this using my No7 Smokey Eyliner Brush. Adding onto the lower lashline, I added some Avon Kajal Stick in Purple to the inner corners, whilst adding the other side - black, to my waterline. Finally, adding a sleek of Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner on my upper lash line & a few coats of Rimmels Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt to my lashes.

 I'm finished! I promise creating this look wasn't as long as this sounded! I really enjoyed creating this look, especially accentuating different parts of the looks, I normally wouldn't. I'm hoping to create some spring/summer brights looks soon, with some bright shadows or lip colour. So, keep an eye out!
If you have any questions, queries, etc, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. This look is beautiful, I have green eyes too I am going to try this out!

    I have nominated you for a versatile blogger award, please check my blog for the details

    www.lucyslilworld.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so alternative. Simply adding smokier purple can change the look to night!

    Thank you, I will check that out!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x