Monday 24 September 2012

Fall Favourites | Make Up

I have previously posted my Fall Nail Favourites edition, so I decided to do a make up version. These products are the ones I already have & will be grabbing for, throughout the chilly months!
As per, the links to each product are in the products title!
Eyes
I am in LOVE with both of these palettes, equal amounts! I use them daily, seperately, or together. They are perfect to create golden, bronze, warm smoky eye looks. I also love to use these, for a wash of shimmery neutral colour over the lids, with pencil pushed into the lashes, for the illusion of thicker lashes, with a few coats of mascara! So many looks you can create!

Again, I use this daily. I'm starting to become more confident with my brows, as they really do frame your face. I believe pruned, structured brows are a must & really set your face off. As I will be opting for some barely there eye looks this Fall/Autumn, a statement (not scouse!) brow, will finish off the look!

If you're too afraid of a natural eye look, then boost the look of your lashes, with a slick of gel liner. Either stick to just close to your lashes, or as I do & have done for the past god knows how many years, apply a flick, thick or thin, depending on your mood or comfort zone. This lasts all day & is so easy to apply!
I like to apply this with my Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush, for a precise line!

This is the absolute mascara to make your lashes pop. One coat does an amazing job to say the least, so you can imagine what two coats can do! I love to pair this mascara with the palettes above, especially a neutral eye & smudged pencil liner! Perfect combination to go with a brown smoky eye! Very Autumnal!

Face
To keep your make up set for the day, smoothing our pores & making your foundation apply a lot better & quicker on those frosty, pitch black mornings, I like to smooth this over my face. If you need extra help to keep your make up in place, then give this a try.

I'm all for a dewy, revitalised looking skin, but in the colder months, I do like a matte finish. I think it gives a great base, to compare to whatever your adding - in my case, shimmery shadows! This has been a firm favourite of mine, before my beloved Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, as you can tell from the minimal amount of product left - boo! This applies so smoothly, making your skin feel so soft! Excellent shade variety, too!

In the warmer months, I have been a big fan of a pink cheek. Something to warm my face up & make me look remotely alive! However, as the colder days are seeping in, this is the perfect excuse to break out this blush! Its a lovely warmer toned pink, that I sometimes like to apply to my lower cheeks, almost a contour.
This will be a perfect accompaniment to my favourite eye looks!

Lips
I really appreciate the precision of this lip liner style lipstick. This would be ideal for travelling, or busy bodies en route, as you just need to quickly line your lips as you fill them in! I got this quite a while ago, in the spring time I believe, although I found the colour too dark for that time of year. Its quite a purple/mauve tone, which will go lovely with a neutral eye, or lashings of mascara!

Alternatively, I would also just use plenty of lip balm, I am currently using Nivea's Soothe & Protect, which has been going for literally years! I'm also using Vaselines Cocoa lip balm, in the stick form. I hate digging my fingers into the tins! This smells so good & coats my lips, to protect them from the elements outside!

So, that's my Fall Favourites for Make Up. Nothing too special. I hate those cold, dark mornings, when you know you need to get up & make yourself look presentable, but it seems too much effort?! Minimal effort for make up is ideal for myself!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you would like something similar or any other suggestions! I love hearing your thoughts!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x