Sunday 17 February 2013

What's In My Everyday Make Up Bag!

After having a very well loved and grubby make up bag, I really wanted to treat myself to a new one. Originally, I stored all of my make up in a large make up bag and rummaged through every morning for what I wanted. As much as I would love some proper storage, I just don't have the space. To save myself the annoyance of trying to find my every day make up, I bought a smaller one, to fit everything I needed into and every week or so, swap eyeshadow palettes over, etc. This made perfect sense. I have no idea why I didn't think of it sooner!
I chose this small black bag, with two zip compartments, complete with a studded bow on the front. This screams everything I love, so I knew I needed to have it. Also, for £3.00, I really could not say no. 

In the front section, I put in my base products. At the moment, by skin has been behaving itself really well, so I am so cautious to try anything else, hence why I have stuck to this make up routine for the past few weeks. Its been working great for me. I start by applying Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in Light. This literally blurs my imperfections, giving a somewhat even base. I then go in with Collection 2000 Lasting Perfecction Concealer in Fair, to conceal any redness, imperfections and under eye darkness. To set that all in place for the day, I use 17 Pressed Powder in the lightest shade. This keeps everything in place quite well, especially for my oily skin.
In the second compartment, I include everything else I need. I have been sticking to the same routine of a few shadows on my lid, sweep of liquid liner with no flick, mascara and blush. Couldn't be any simpler. I have been really enjoying this look, its quick and gives a great result. Once upon a time, I wouldn't leave without having perfectly structured winged eyeliner, now I am content with a few product quickly constructed together. For my eyes, I have been loving MUA Undressed Palette in Undressed. I use the Shade 2 across my lid, blend in Shade 9 into my crease and apply a little of Shade 5 to my lower lashline to add definition. Then I glide a slick of liquid liner across my eye, stopping at the end of my lash line, creating a fuller appearance of lashes. Mine is a pretty battered one I picked up free form a magazine. My preferred choice is Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner. My current mascara is 17 Peep Show, although this is coming to a sad end. I do like the big fluffy brush on this, makes me feel as though my lashes are all getting instantly coated. To finish off my make up, I like to use FashionistA New York Blush. As this isn't heavily pigmented and has a nice subtle frosty sheen, I can be as heavy handed as I want and not have to worry about having bright rosy cheeks. This is a staple in my routine, to give a healthy glow.
I enjoy how simple the routine I use and the products are. This will greatly benefit me on 7.30am wake up calls, when I usually had to dig around for my make up! 

What do you think? Is your make up bag similar?

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I used to just keep everything in one big bag, like you, but now I have everything in proper storage. This is a really good idea, keeping your daily essentials together, and would be perfect for days when I oversleep and end up doing my make-up on the train!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to find the room to store everything in it's own place, but for now, this is working perfect for me!
      I love my new make up bag, makes every morning so much easier and quicker to get ready!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the bag, the little studded bow is so cute. Is it from Primark? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I forgot to mention! I love how cute it is!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x