Friday 22 February 2013

Out with the old, in with the new Make Up Bag.

After having my previous cream make up bag, with broken shadows and god knows what else, I knew my make up needed to find a new home. I headed to Primark to replace my beloved and came across a black crocodile effect one. I loved this instantly, especially with its studded, glossy metallic bow.
 Now I have my new make up bag, I set myself down for the afternoon, to look though all of my make up and throw away anything I didn't use/need and clean all of my make up and packaging, ready for its new home. Majority of everything I own, fits snuggly in a large make up bag. I really would love to one day have some proper make up storage and to replace everything, but I simply don't have the space of spare funds, so this method works perfectly for me! As you can see, I really haven't taken care of my belongings, purely because I knew I needed a new bag, but the day never came, until today!
 After giving everything a good clean out, I threw away a few products that were just gone. I decided to do a little research into how long to keep products for. I have kept mine way past their date, but they still work grand for me and haven't broken me out.

For Mascaras, it is recommended to throw away your mascara every 3 months. I personally have never abided by this law, but I never share my mascara with anyone, or pump the wand into the tube, encouraging the product to dry up in the tube. Goes to show taking care of your products gets them far and worth their money.

Eye pencils can be kept up to 2 years. I tend to throw mine away by then, or would have bought a new one in that time span. To prolong the life and prevent infections from transferring the product from eye to eye, daily, it is recommended to sharpen the pencil after each use to essentially clean and remove the used area. This is also encouraged to to with lip pencils, etc. Eyeshadows can also be kept for up to 2 years, as well as powders and blushes. Cream Blushes will last 1 year.

Lipsticks can last also a lengthy 2 years. Again, mine will tend to have been used and repurchased by then, but its great for lipstick collectors of MAC, etc.

Foundations and concealers can typically last around 12 months, depending on how they are used, To extend their life span, using brushes and clean regularly.
 This is my condensed make up bag collection. I have thoroughly cleaned all of my products packaging and any shadow fall out in each palette or pan. I think it is important to disinfect your products as often as possible, just to reduce the chance of break outs and eye infections.
I love my new make up bag and my clean products. It's easy to throw in used products and not think back to them, until the next day when using them, but I do want to stick to a routine of cleaning out my make up and getting rid of things I do not use.

Is your make up bag similar?

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x