Thursday 16 January 2014

Stila: Written In The Stars

Lately, I have been obsessed with picking up small palettes. For me, they are the perfect size, and all the product I need, to achieve the look I'm going for. Sales are still making their rounds, when I spotted Stila bargain, offering their Written In The Stars palette for £3.75 down from £15, with free shipping! I couldn't really say no to a stunning palette for £4! I believe this originally came around in 2012 Christmas collection. As you can tell by the design of the packaging, Stila have opted for a beautiful snowflake design. After ordering, I did a little research, and many reviews complained about the pans being too small. For me, I don't find this a problem, at all. There is more than enough room to accommodate an eyeshadow and blend brush into the pans. Continuing on reviewing the packaging itself, Written In The Stars is encased in Stila's recognisable packaging of silver plastic, with a clear window, enabling you to clearly see what shades are available. Perfect for storing in your makeup collection, without opening. Something to point out, which you will see above, is the arm for the door of the packaging (what's the name?!) doesn't quite open all the way, so your left with the frame holding itself up. This isn't really a problem for me, but it could be a pain for some.

Written In The Stars is complete with 12 shadows; Starlight, Eden, Luna, Sun, Ray, Galaxy, Asteroid, Constellation, Pigalle, Bouquet, Heaven and Ariel. This palette offers a reasonable comparison of warmer, and cooler tones of pink and rosy tones. A very natural palette, which will allow you to create a neutral eye, or a warm, smokier eye. Shades 2, 6, 7 and 10 are matte, whilst the remainder include a soft shimmer. As you can see from the swatches above, the warmer tones do offer stronger pigmentation. The texture is like butter. The lighter shades don't translate too well, although I would primarily use these as a base to begin with, transition colour, or a highlight, so this isn't a negative aspect for myself, although it is worth noting.

Overall, I'm really happy I picked up this palette for the price I did. This is the first product I have purchased from Stila, and I'm happy with what I have received. If you have any other recommendations for me to try, do let me know below!


Twitter Facebook Instagram bloglovin Emails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x