Tuesday 7 January 2014

Soap and Glory Glow All Out Highlighter & Supercat Eyeliner

I am completely obsessed with all things Soap and Glory, as far as body care is concerned. I love their vintage and feminine packaging, sprinkling pink throughout my bathroom, and I have just stated to indulge in their skin care range. So, I thought it was about time I tested out what make up they had to offer. For a while, I have been eyeing up their Lid Stuff Palette, but with countless amount of nude shadows I use daily, I didn't think I needed a new one to the collection (okay, I DO want it!). For too long now, I've wanted to buy MAC's Soft and Gentle powder, but I just can't justify purchasing a high end highlighter, that I don't use yet. So, I opted for S&G Glow All Out Luminizing Face Powder. This gorgeous powder is encased in a retro inspired cardboard packaging. I know cardboard is the least favoured way of packaging products, it can wear away quickly, etc, but S&G have ensured this is secure with a magnetic closure, as well as protecting the product with durable cardboard. What I also love about the packaging, is it has a good sized mirror inside the compact, perfect for touch ups on the go!

The powder itself, has a beautiful embossed emblem of their signature logo. I think this is such a gorgeous touch, that they could have easily just missed out, and created a domed powder, but I love how they have added all the little touches. The powder itself is a stunning pink/champagne tone. I have very fair skin, so I didn't want anything too overpowering, as I am also very heavy handed with product, so I like to use something I can get away with being a little bit too bashful! I will be using this on my cheekbones, sweeping up to my brow bone, and if I'm feeling like the extra effort that day, down the bridge of my nose. This is such a subtle glow, that you can apply this everywhere that you would like to accentuate and highlight As I have oily skin, I tend to stick to a good matte foundation, currently Revlon Colourstay, although this is sometimes a little too drying, so adding some more luminosity and life back into my skin, in the form of a glowing powder, is just perfect.
Boots are currently running a Buy 1 Get 2nd Half Price on all Soap and Glory cosmetics, so I recommend you head straight down! I didn't notice this offer until I arrived, so I was quite overwhelmed with choice of what to take advantage of at half price! I have been eyeing up the Kick Ass Concealer, but I have been needing a good eyeliner. Originally, I loved to use a liquid eyeliner, although most recently, I have been dabbling into pen-like eyeliners, They are super easy to use, especially for beginners! The Supercat Eyeliner is unbelievable. It has a felt tip applicator, which is submerged in the product. I have found some pen eyeliners are drying before even buying them, so it's quite refreshing using such a good eyeliner, that does what it says! This is super pigmented and described as carbon black, which I would completely agree! As soon as I have applied this, it dries in an instant, and it stays put! Complete transfer proof, so for those with oily eyelids, or have trouble with your liner transferring, I honestly recommend you give this a go! I picked mine up half price for £3.00, which is amazing in itself!

I really would love to hear some other recommendations of S&G products, whether they are skincare or make up. I think S&G are such an honest brand, who have come so far. You really cannot go wrong with picking any of their products, making it perfect to purchase for a gift! I am currently trialling out their Thick and Fast Mascara, so I will definitely get back to you on that!

1 comment:

  1. This is really a very cool blog, thanks a lot for this! Ive read a great deal about this topic in the past and I agree with you.
    saction online games

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x