Tuesday 6 August 2013

Illamasqua Electrify Lipgloss and Vernau Eyeshadow

This must be a shocking statement to make for a beauty blogger, but I have never indulged in any Illamasqua products. I adore scrolling through their Instagram feed, and I love what they stand for - but I do steer more towards high street products. As of late, Illamasqua have been holding their infamous £5, £7.50, £10, £20 sales, showcasing a huge array of products, suitable for many budgets. Of course, as my purse strings don't stretch too far, I opted for the £5 sale, which offers a selection of eyeshadows, eyeliners, lipglosses, nail polishes, false eyelashes, and more. This is a great time to check out their sale, especially if you're an Illamasqua newbie!
My first purchase, is a Lipgloss in the shade Electrify (RRP £14.50). Now, I am not a lipgloss girl. Typical statement to make, but I loathe the sticky residue, and most times, the intensely wet glossy finish. I thought I would branch out of my comfort zone and give one another try. Electrify is a light pink shade. Nothing loud or offensive, which is something that drew me to it. I know I will be able to reach for this straight away, without hesitating whether it will clash with the rest of my makeup. As Illamasqua is a high end brand, I had an inkling it wouldn't be as bad as I thought. That, it was not. I found this Sheer Lipgloss actually quite pigmented. I had planned to purchase a pink lipstick to wear beneath the gloss, although I feel as though the pigment in the gloss is enough to add something extra to the face and finish off the look.

My second purchase, was influenced by a current product I am using. Lately, I have been using one shade from a 12 pan palette. It's a brown blending shade, which I simply apply to the crease. The only problem, is that it is running low and I hate having a full palette for one shade in use. Vernau (RRP £15.50) is described as Yellow Ochre. I myself, am not familiar with that description, but I would class it as a warm brown. That shade you use as a blending base. Of course, I am happy to report the pigmentation is amazing, which comforts me to know this will keep me going for a while. I also love the simple black packaging, perfect to fit in my makeup bag. 

What is your favourite Illamasqua product? Did you snap anything up in the sale?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x